Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Plot Summary Edit
Official logline Edit
In a distant land, Richard Cypher discovers his true destiny as he, a mysterious young woman, a wise old wizard and a magical sword are all that stand between the evil tyrant Darken Rahl and his quest for total domination.
Episode synopsis Edit
Darken Rahl attempts to bring down the magical boundary that separates the Midlands and Westland, which will allow Fane to return with the Book of Counted Shadows. Having accepted the role of the Seeker, Richard formulates a plan with Zedd, Kahlan and his friend Chase to find Fane. The group runs into townsfolk believing that Kahlan is a witch responsible for their recent tragedies and attempt to kill her, but they narrowly escape. Fane kidnaps Chase's daughter and forces a sorceress to give him the Night Stone to cross the boundary. Richard and Kahlan pursue Fane to the boundary, where Richard kills him and retrieves the Book. Meanwhile, Rahl's soldiers destroy the boundary. Richard throws the Book into a fire to stop the soldiers from taking it. Together with Kahlan, he defeats them. Having recovered from his injury, Zedd joins Richard and Kahlan as they set off into the Midlands.
- Craig Horner as Richard Cypher
- Bridget Regan as Kahlan Amnell
- Bruce Spence as Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander
- Jay Laga'aia as Dell Brandstone
- Craig Parker as Darken Rahl
- Andrew Robertt as Ranssyn Fane
- Kahlan Amnell
- Dell Brandstone
- Laura Brandstone
- Richard Cypher
- Michael Cypher
- Ranssyn Fane
- Darken Rahl
- Fall of the Westland-Midlands boundary
Organizations and titles Edit
Behind the scenes Edit
- The character of Adie appears to be completely blind, and possibly ungifted, contrasting with the character depicted in the Sword of Truth series.
- The fall of the Westland-Midlands boundary is significantly different from what is described in Wizard's First Rule. Rather than the boundary failing completely, due to the power of Darken Rahl, it is shown to only be breached in a certain area due to the machinations of Rahl's wizards and sorcerers, rather than him himself. Also, it is through this breach that Richard, Kahlan and Zedd pass through to the Midlands, rather than through the pass that existed near to Adie's home, as occurs in the novel.
- Zedd states Wizard's First Rule in this episode. It is simplified from the lengthy version in the novel to "People will believe a lie because they want it to be true or because they're afraid it might be true."