Discussion is a fundamental part of the Sword of Truth Wiki and is used to keep users on the same page about important topics and business pertaining to the wiki. Discussions are important in ensuring that any necessary changes be talked about prior to implementation. This can only be achieved effectively if each user inputs his/her thought in a sophisticated and well thought out manner. The guidelines below will help with the facilitation of discussions on the Sword of Truth Wiki.
In order to accomplish anything on the wiki, users must be civilized at all times.
Users should NOT:
- Be rude; this includes insults, name-calling, and/or profanity.
- Personally attack another user on race, gender, religious affiliation, etc.
- Harass others; this includes repeatedly posting in another's userspace with irrelevant material and the posting of personal information on the wiki.
Of course, everyone is human and thus, is prone to make mistakes. A single offense is nothing to get worked over, however, multiple offenses after one or more warnings has sufficient grounds for a block. If, for any reason, a comment, thread, or post contains any of the aforementioned material, it will be subject to deletion.
These conventions all deal with discussions in the User Talk pages
- Please remember to sign your posts on user talk pages with four tildes
- Please remember to create a heading for each new topic on user talk pages.
- New comments in the user talk pages should generally be indented by using a single colon (source mode), and another colon for each successive post.
- Always post new user talk comments at the bottom of the thread so they can be easily located by the reader(s).