Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wizard's First Rule chapter ten summary and information.
Zedd taught Richard and Kahlan about the Sword of Truth and how the wielder's perception of innocence and guilt affected how the sword worked. However, Zedd informed Richard that he would not be able to use the Sword of Truth to kill Darken Rahl. While thinking about how they would be able to cross the boundary, Richard remembered the Book of Counted Shadows, how it had magic, and how his father must have been able to get it across the boundary because it could not have been in Westland before it went up.
Richard, Kahlan, and Zedd were interrupted by a mob, lead by men called John, demanding Zedd's head on the charge of being a witch, but Zedd dispersed them with clever trickery. Richard realized that it must have been a diversion of Darken Rahl's to make them feel safe and the party left immediately. After Zedd covered their trail with magic dust, he saw his house exploding in the distance. Darken Rahl had come, but, in anger at the trio not being there, destroyed Zedd's house. They are soon attacked by a Gar on the trail.
- Zedd explained how the Sword of Truth works and how important perception is when wielding it.
- Richard figured out a way to cross the boundary.
- "Reality isn’t relevant. Perception is everything. If you think it is the enemy, you can destroy it, whether true or not." - Zedd about the magic of the sword.
- "The Seeker is the weapon. The sword is just a tool." - Zedd
- "There’s trouble about. Trouble caused by magic! And you’re at the bottom of it, old man! You’re a witch!" - John of the mob